Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about switching out my tires for the 27-10 /14 STI Outback Max's. Anyone ever try them out? Currently I have Mud B****es all the way around. Great tires but looking to go bigger.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really like the look of these tires but the 27"'s look pretty heavy compared to stock I wonder how the power loss will be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now the Mud Bi***es I have on it now are just 2 pounds short of the same weight and it'll still carry 300 lbs of deer corn and myself just fine. I also plan on doing the fuel management and the grizzly clutch weights too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The STI outbacks max's are like 50lbs a piece according to there website for a 27" tire. That's why I was saying they might affect performance VS stock one. I'm not sure how much the stock tires weigh but I would have to guess like half of that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and ordered a full set of 27-10-14 Outback Max's and MSA M12 wheels. Tire weight is 39.2 pounds each and should be here just in time to take them out this weekend.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Went ahead and ordered a full set of 27-10-14 Outback Max's and MSA M12 wheels. Tire weight is 39.2 pounds each and should be here just in time to take them out this weekend.
I'm very interested in pictures and a real world review of how they perform when you get them on!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Been a long week and haven't been able to post until now. Got the tires and wheels on and I couldn't be happier. Power loss is minimal compared to what some people where saying it would be but not really enough to justify me doing a clutch weight swap. Tires rode extremely smooth on hard packed ground. The deer lease that I'm on has a swamp that's about 3ft deep and it pushed through it with no problems at all in 2wd. Went with the 4+3 wheel offset and has zero rubbing and man does it look mean!!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Been a long week and haven't been able to post until now. Got the tires and wheels on and I couldn't be happier. Power loss is minimal compared to what some people where saying it would be but not really enough to justify me doing a clutch weight swap. Tires rode extremely smooth on hard packed ground. The deer lease that I'm on has a swamp that's about 3ft deep and it pushed through it with no problems at all in 2wd. Went with the 4+3 wheel offset and has zero rubbing and man does it look mean!!
Outstanding your machine looks awesome!

·
Registered
106 Posts
So how are these tires treating you? Still loving them and how are they holding up? Its always cool to get a review of a product after a year of use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts