Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just measure them 27×9×12 and 27×11×12. With 4psi and only measure 25" . Just a warning. Maybe buy different tire. The side wall says 7psi.. would need a mouth guard.
Picture of 26" bighorns beside

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow. Shitty...

When new my 26" Growlers measured 25.9" fronts and 26.4" for the wide rears.

That's was at 5 psi, mounted on the bike.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just measure them 27×9×12 and 27×11×12. With 4psi and only measure 25" . Just a warning. Maybe buy different tire. The side wall says 7psi.. would need a mouth guard.
Picture of 26" bighorns beside
How do they perform? Ride rough?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just took for a little ride when they were put on. Will go out tomorrow and test them out. The rep said they should be at 16 psi. Not sure if i want to ride at 16.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Experiment with different air pressures to find out what works best for you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its an eye opener for me to pay attention. Like he needs some 28s just to compare to the 26 inch bighorns.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
232 Posts
I feel your pain , my wild thang’s in 28’s measured 26 inch at 5 psi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch. Sorry to hear. I took them out for a good run today and i like them. Slight vibration ( very minimal) at speeds over 35klms. I put 6.5 psi in them to see how they would run. They did not have much pooch and did not mold to rocks but hooked up great and was nice riding at 20 to 30klms in the trails. Rocky low gear hills and trails were not a problem in 2wd. It just grabs and goes. Still have not gone over 55klms yet. All in all they are a decent tire and think they will be perfect for fall to spring riding for myself.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear. I took them out for a good run today and i like them. Slight vibration ( very minimal) at speeds over 35klms. I put 6.5 psi in them to see how they would run. They did not have much pooch and did not mold to rocks but hooked up great and was nice riding at 20 to 30klms in the trails. Rocky low gear hills and trails were not a problem in 2wd. It just grabs and goes. Still have not gone over 55klms yet. All in all they are a decent tire and think they will be perfect for fall to spring riding for myself.
I'm sure they will give you years and many miles of satisfaction!!!! No matter what your leaps and bouns ahead of Crap stockers.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting! I'm at 3.5 psi all around.

Can't imagine more than 5psi in an ATV tire, I ran 6psi in the stock fronts to keep them from rolling under the rim in turns but my Reptiles are happiest at 4psi front, 3.5psi rear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah normally around 4 is good. The zillas are a very nice tire. I had 3 sets of those. Will see how the wild thangs handle the winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts