Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I broke down and did a tire upgrade this week. Ebay had a $100 off coupon deal that I couldn't pass up and I sold my factory tires for $150. I really like these new tires. I went with 26x10 on the front and 26x11 on the back. They are definitely heavier than the factory tires and I notice some slight power loss right at take off. They measure right at 26" tall. It bumped up my ground clearance to almost 13".

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I broke down and did a tire upgrade this week. Ebay had a $100 off coupon deal that I couldn't pass up and I sold my factory tires for $150. I really like these new tires. I went with 26x10 on the front and 26x11 on the back. They are definitely heavier than the factory tires and I notice some slight power loss right at take off. They measure right at 26" tall. It bumped up my ground clearance to almost 13".
DO they affect turn radius?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Impressive looking meats!

I was considering upping to 26's when the time comes, but didn't know how that would effect how the quad feels during turns. I'll be mostly mountain trail riding with some occasional desert sand a couple times a year.
What have you noticed so far?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impressive looking meats!

I was considering upping to 26's when the time comes, but didn't know how that would effect how the quad feels during turns. I'll be mostly mountain trail riding with some occasional desert sand a couple times a year.
What have you noticed so far?
I have not noticed any loss in turning radius. They definitely bite more than the factory tires. I would definitely recommend them. The only change I would make is going with 12" wide instead of 11" on the back. These tires run a little narrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you have to use spacers for clearance? I'm getting ready to do the 26" upgrade myself. I ride mostly mtn. trails. Going to try 26x9-12's front, 26x11-12's rear. Any rubbing?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Did you have to use spacers for clearance? I'm getting ready to do the 26" upgrade myself. I ride mostly mtn. trails. Going to try 26x9-12's front, 26x11-12's rear. Any rubbing?
You won't need spacers and you won't get any rubbing. I've got 27x9 on front and 27x11 on back mounted on my stock wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
HehHeh . . . this thread title totally confused me.

Being an avid Subie fan I thought this thread was either going to ask a question about the STI, Outback or Forester XT. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
HehHeh . . . this thread title totally confused me.

Being an avid Subie fan I thought this thread was either going to ask a question about the STI, Outback or Forester XT. :)
understandable, because the OP called these tires outbacks, which isn't the name, they are STI out & backs.

threw me for a loop when a guy from STI kept saying that way in a video, then I looked again, and what do ya know... it was out and back.... lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
well...I just learned something new, and it kind of made me look stupid, the older version, was out & back (reg, xt and max), newer ones are exactly the same except they are just outback, no &.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have not noticed any loss in turning radius. They definitely bite more than the factory tires. I would definitely recommend them. The only change I would make is going with 12" wide instead of 11" on the back. These tires run a little narrow.

Good info, This tire is on my short list along with Reptile Radials in 27". I was debating 9"+10" combo, 10"+12" combos in the 27" size. If they are narrow than I think 10 + 12 is the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts