Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Kodiak 450 EPS SE1
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. As above, where are you guys getting your switched hot for the handwarmers? I took my switched hot for my winch from the instrument cluster, but thinking I shouldn’t run another hot to that same circuit...

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
2,247 Posts
There is a wire harness that plugs into the Kodiak's wiring harness that will give you a keyed on power source. If you have a winch it is the same harness that the winch power plugs into. You can just keep stacking them. You might just go down to your Yamaha dealer and ask about it, they should have it in stock but with the supply issues right now it is anyone's guess. They usually cost around $15 US and there are post on the forum here about them but I can't find on right now. If I do I'll post it.

However you should run your grips through a relay to keep from overloading a circuit or causing a wiring problem. That's the way that I have mine.

Reactions: alyaz

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Hey gang. As above, where are you guys getting your switched hot for the handwarmers? I took my switched hot for my winch from the instrument cluster, but thinking I shouldn’t run another hot to that same circuit...

Thanks.
You shouldn't be pulling load from the other circuit, only the trigger signal for a relay. Especially that one connected to your cluster. That one is begging for issues down the road.

They're is a plug in by your battery that the winch is prob connected to, should possibly have a spare switched off it. Use this writer to trigger your relays, and draw your power from the battery through the relay. No overload circuits this way

·
Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
2,247 Posts
Here is the part with the part number:

And here is a thread with pictures of where it connects in the battery compartment.

I hate it when I forget to enter a post. Better late than never

1 - 4 of 4 Posts