Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does everyone go to get a service manual, I am coming up on my 20 hour maintenance check and I need to get the valve clearance specs. Since my Kodiak is a 2021 I am having a little trouble finding a manual. It has the 686 motor and I would bet that a 2020 manual would be just fine, but I'm not sure on that bet. TIA

Super Moderator
You will need to find a repair manual online and I am sure that the 2020 or the 2019 repair manual will have the same specs as the 2021 will for the 686 engine.

Now saying this I don't know of too many that actually check or adjust the valves since it is such a pain to get to them. Most just change the fluids and call it good.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I was thinking like you, I just wanted to have someone agree with me. The folks on this forum know alot more of the ins and outs than I do

Super Moderator
You could check with the dealer that you purchased it from.

Some will do it for a price that is worth it to the owner to have them do the service and check the valves. Others price it so high that they never get any return business.

On the valves, they said to adjust them on my old 2000 400 Kodiak and I never did and it ran just fine. Even on my 700 all I have done is the oil changes and lube the rear lube points and all has been well for 3 years.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could check with the dealer that you purchased it from.

Some will do it for a price that is worth it to the owner to have them do the service and check the valves. Others price it so high that they never get any return business.

On the valves, they said to adjust them on my old 2000 400 Kodiak and I never did and it ran just fine. Even on my 700 all I have done is the oil changes and lube the rear lube points and all has been well for 3 years.
I prefer to do all the maintenance on my equipment. My concern with the valves is that during breakin the valve seat will compress some , that will cause the valve lash to tighten some....I will probably take all the plastic off and check them, that will also give me a chance to make sure all the bolts are tight. I got a 2019/20 Grizzly Service Manual online, the motor and transmission are pretty much the same......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts