Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 50 easy miles the radiator in my Kodiak has split. Left side tank has come loose, and had to be towed back to the truck. Starting to regret leaving Suzuki, because if it's falling apart after 50 miles and 3 weeks. That's a problem, going back to the dealership Wednesday

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry man!

I had noticed on my 2018 and my friends 2016....for some reason there are only real bolts on the bottom of the radiator, and the top just has some of those rubber grommets with a plastic nipple holding the entire top in..

His radiator jas failed twice...because it comes off the top and then it just bounces around untill it rips something...

I ended up cutting some.small peices of wood and hammering them into the spot at the top of the radiator. Before mine does the same. He has not had any problems since I did that.

Makes me mad, THAT is a dumb design

Best of luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry man!

I had noticed on my 2018 and my friends 2016....for some reason there are only real bolts on the bottom of the radiator, and the top just has some of those rubber grommets with a plastic nipple holding the entire top in..

His radiator jas failed twice...because it comes off the top and then it just bounces around untill it rips something...

I ended up cutting some.small peices of wood and hammering them into the spot at the top of the radiator. Before mine does the same. He has not had any problems since I did that.

Makes me mad, THAT is a dumb design

Best of luck.
With mine I can actually push up on the side of the tank and make it leak worse. I'm definitely pissed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts