Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had this beast for about a week now, looking to go mudding soon just been ripping around the yard for now.

What would you recommend for basic mods? If possible I would prefer keeping the warranty, but snorkels and bodywork mods may be in the future.

I would like to do some RGB lights, a rad relocate, snorkels and tires/wheels to start with.
What websites would you recommend? Particular to reputable warranties in case the parts are bad.

Super Moderator
If you really want to keep the warranty in tact I would avoid the mud bogs.

Then once the warranty is up then mod it up and go have fun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If you really want to keep the warranty in tact I would avoid the mud bogs.

Then once the warranty is up then mod it up and go have fun.
Would the warranty be in jeopardy with something like a clock or gauge cluster? Id like to get one for speed, gearing, and hours, etc.? Id like to do some thing with it, im wondering if the rgb strips would probably be ok.

Super Moderator
Most add on gauges and electronics would not have any trouble with warranty coverage. But power, drive train modifications, and such just might. You have to figure that if what you added causes a problem then the odds are that the repair might not be covered. A lot depends on the dealer who is doing the warranty work.

In this new age a lot of manufactures are looking at anything that they can find to get out of having to cover a repair.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Registered
I suppose you could call you鈥檙e dealer and ask, I can鈥檛 imagine if you swapped out the tires that it would void the warranty as long as you stayed around a 25-26 inch tire. Tons of reading on tires, clutch, intake , exhaust mods on here and grizzly owners to keep you busy till your warranty is up. Then go hog wild..

Registered
I did all of my mods on my 2020 at around 100 miles after oil change. I wasn't to worried about the warranty. I did EHS tuner, air box lid, intake and filter, AIS delete, clutch spring, grizzly weights, and 1.5mm shim and 27" big horn knock offs. My warranty is up this week. Love this machine and it will run with the grizzlies no problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Most add on gauges and electronics would not have any trouble with warranty coverage. But power, drive train modifications, and such just might. You have to figure that if what you added causes a problem then the odds are that the repair might not be covered. A lot depends on the dealer who is doing the warranty work.

In this new age a lot of manufactures are looking at anything that they can find to get out of having to cover a repair.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
Yea ill probably start with a guage and some lights. id be interested in a winch and maybe something to help with the radiator fan being really loud.
Thanks glad to be here, first atv.

I suppose you could call you鈥檙e dealer and ask, I can鈥檛 imagine if you swapped out the tires that it would void the warranty as long as you stayed around a 25-26 inch tire. Tons of reading on tires, clutch, intake , exhaust mods on here and grizzly owners to keep you busy till your warranty is up. Then go hog wild..
Ive asked about the tires before buying and they said up to 28 inches would fit so i may go with stock rims and big tires, but plain black i dont like so i may convert it all to red including the plastics.
Ive done some research here and there for most of the parts id like to upgrade, but the biggest issue is reputable brands and websites. A lot of people just say ebay or used markets, but I trust people a lot less the older i get and used is gonna be a hard pass. Also im not sure how similar they are, but im on a kodiak not a grizzly if that matters.

I did all of my mods on my 2020 at around 100 miles after oil change. I wasn't to worried about the warranty. I did EHS tuner, air box lid, intake and filter, AIS delete, clutch spring, grizzly weights, and 1.5mm shim and 27" big horn knock offs. My warranty is up this week. Love this machine and it will run with the grizzlies no problem.
Im not sure what a tuner would do for it performance wise so id have to research that, air wise id like to snorkel it for flooding, mudding, etc.
Not sure what a AIS delete would do besides a quick search saying it reduced popping and some fuel things. Stock my kodiak is completely bearable imo.
Anything power wise under the hood will have to wait for the warranty to be up, so far its been super strong and I actually have a hard time not wanting to go full bore while breaking it in.

Super Moderator
If you're adding heavier tires, which appears is something you will be doing first, consider doing CVT mod(s) which have been done for well over a decade now on the Yamaha Ultramatic system and is very reliable and safe. It does not touch any engine components and many have experience doing this. CVT mods are generally shims, Secondary spring, roller weight adjustments and finally, machined Primary moveable sheave. Don't go and buy a CVT kit, get info on here first, you will save money.

I have an EHS fuel injection tuner on mine and can't say it does much for power improvements, it is more for addressing AFR lean conditions.

Registered
Cheap and easy power amplifier are the grizzly weights... much more responsive then the ridiculously heavy Kodiak weights. And won't hurt your warranty

Registered
A rad relocate and snorkels are a good way to get blacklisted for warranty repair. They're a pretty clear signal the owner uses the machine in a manner yamaha doesn't intend it to be used per the suggestions/instructions outlined in the owners manual.

Are you on the 6mo factory or an extended warranty? Mine is for the duration of my loan, and is through the dealer, not yamaha. It doesn't cover wear items like bearings/balljoints/axles so they don't care how large of a tire I run. Some dealers even take it upon themselves to install larger tires on brand new machines before they hit the floor.

Adding instrumentation should be a non issue as well.

Reactions: Keverino

Premium Member
I'm going to add a tachometer as soon as I find one I like.. All the stuff the existing gauge does and no tach... Just dum b..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts