Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks,
After riding a vintage 1991 Honda FourTrax for 15 years I made the mistake of riding my buddy's Grizzly. He was on the tractor (hunting club chores) and I followed him on his Grizzly. I rode all day and didn't feel the least bit beat up. Where has IRS been all my life??? There was no going back after that, so I sadly made a deal to let the old Honda go to a guy that didn't have anything and took ownership of a 2020 Kodiak 450. Sweet!!!! I won't get to ride it much till the weekend so I'll have to be satisfied with installing the winch and figuring out accessories. Only problem is most aftermarket accessories don't address the 2020 yet.
So I have a question....won't most 2018-19 parts work on the 20? Looking a storage boxes, 2" hitches, and CV protectors for starters. Thanks in advance and look forward to hanging out here.

ThomasR

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
They should but you never know.

Did you get a base model that doesn't have the equipment or are you looking at aftermarket items?

One way that I checked when adding Yamaha parts to my 700 Kodiak was to compare part numbers from the base to the higher ends ones and found that all the parts will interchange. But remember you have to check the parts against the same machine. While some 450 parts will interchange with the 700 and 686 there could be differences between the 450 and the bigger engines on the frames.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts