Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Great honest revue! Very well done!

I agree on hp. My 558 is very similar to my buddies 686, both being 2009s EPS Grizzly's. After driving older 400 and 450 kodiaks I couldn't believe the drastic difference in power from a 421cc to my 558 !!! 100% agree, 686 Kodiak is worth 1500$

Reactions: CodyKodiak

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great video! I almost got a 2018 kodiak 450. But went for the 700!

When I was checking it out in the showroom, it just looked a little less quality than the 700s.

That machine does look like a blast though, i love your trails.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was looking at the 450 but bought the 700 mainly due to the front diff lock. The extra power going up steep hills and coming out of a turn is wonderful. My family all own Honda Ranchers and they think I'm a lunatic for driving the crazy big 700 motor.
I also didn't like the soft stock tires. Once I changed them out the ride was so much more stable, especially in the turns and side leaning trails.

Nice little area for you to pick out a trail.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Tried to find this video, but it never came up.
Guess you pulled it?

"Yamaha Refuses to Warranty "Jerky" Ultramatic CVT on Brand New 2020 Kodiak 450 EPS"

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It's what ever you feel comfortable with. I will certainly respect your decision.... I wouldn't have pulled it myself, as people like me are curious about the issue at hand...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's what ever you feel comfortable with. I will certainly respect your decision.... I wouldn't have pulled it myself, as people like me are curious about the issue at hand...
I might remake it and upload a new one. The problem with the original is that, in the beginning I stated something like "if this video is still up, then Yamaha has refused to warranty the machine". So, now that I'm not pursuing it anymore via the dealer, they don't have the option to address the issues; didn't seem fair to Yamaha.

If it gets worse, I'll certainly go back to the dealer and possibly make a new vid.

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is one of the few places where the real world issues can be discussed. Honesty is important, but this is a great way to hold Yamaha accountable. If we don't have this, we can't be a collective force, and it will leads to Goliath abusing David!

·
Registered
760 Posts
The only way to get action from Yamaha is to hold their feet to the fire. The oil consumption issue with the 708 engine is a prime example. Good luck with the machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts