Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've also got a 2020 kodiak, but in red. I noticed the same sound after the first day of riding during brake in. Still does it sometimes during cold starts, It sounds bad, like I thought It might be a metallic dragging sound but I traced the sound to the air intake. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm closing in on 60 hours with no problems yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a new 2020 Kodiak, seems to be making a metal to metal grinding noise for the first 20 seconds of initial startup. Anyone else heard this noise? Does it go away after break in? It started at 4 hours and I now have 10 hours on machine. There is a possibility it could be coming from air box sound could be air whistling due to choke? Video attached.
Hello
Mine makes the same noise at start up and goes away after a few minutes
2019 Kodiak 700 eps
Just bought a new 2020 Kodiak, seems to be making a metal to metal grinding noise for the first 20 seconds of initial startup. Anyone else heard this noise? Does it go away after break in? It started at 4 hours and I now have 10 hours on machine. There is a possibility it could be coming from air box sound could be air whistling due to choke? Video attached.
Mine makes the same noise at start up and goes away after a few minutes

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've concluded that this is the choke function during warm up. Once warmed up she's as smooth as a sewing machine. Notice that the engine does not do this on restart if motor still warmed up. The 686 in my 'hoss' is a very happy engine.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts