Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I emailed yamaha about stock secondary spring specs but they never replied ( I will remember that for when I buy my next bike).
Anybody know what the specs are?
Changing clutch set up again and want to know exact spec difference between stock and epi orange spring.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gave up and put orange spring in and 22gr weights, and 1mm shim. Way better at 45 klms it just cruises quiet not revving to much. But the power is right there now.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Awesome!!!! Happy your Clutching set up worked out! Sounds like a nice combo for a 700 Kodiak!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i can't make it to snappy or the wife won't drive it..lol.
I take the ranger half the time.
Love this site

·
Registered
703 Posts
And I checked clutches after 1mm shim and it is now . 2.75-1 ratio.
Nice! Surprising for only a 1mm shim! Thanks for posting that.

I had 2.8 :1 with 1.5 mm
I'm currently at 3.1:1 With my current set up.....

I'm also running the Orange Epi spring. Though I found it a bit too stiff for my application, a little more tuning made it work....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice ratio, must pull off the line like a mule. Yeah I just wanted to gain my power back from the tires without stressing clutch system. This seems good but will take for a 80klm ride this weekend behind elliot lake. ( trails and more trails).
Keep me posted if you change anything and how it worked? Love hearing different set up info.

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's a nice ratio, must pull off the line like a mule. Yeah I just wanted to gain my power back from the tires without stressing clutch system. This seems good but will take for a 80klm ride this weekend behind elliot lake. ( trails and more trails).
Keep me posted if you change anything and how it worked? Love hearing different set up info.
Eliot Lake eh?!!! Lol Man that's near by, I live 4 hrs east..

Enjoy your trip! keep posting updates and pictures !!!!

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
Oh nice, another close by member. I'm just north of Sudbury, in Levack. Still learning the trails here.
So much to explore. All of us northern guys should plan a get together age do a nice day trip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
Oh nice, another close by member. I'm just north of Sudbury, in Levack. Still learning the trails here.
So much to explore. All of us northern guys should plan a get together age do a nice day trip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Wow!!! I'm 2 hrs east of Sudbury!

·
Registered
703 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts