Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I was looking at purchasing a 2021 Sportsman 570. Then I ran into a used 2019 Kodiak 700 EPS with only 200 miles in excellent condition still looks new and got him on price at $6,750. Is this a good price for this unit?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Personally I would negotiate and go with a new one, with the price stated for the used one. I get real concerned when someone is selling a almost new one for any reason.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
363 Posts
In light of our Covid situation, that’s a steal. Probably 3k off for 200 miles. And there are almost no new bikes to be found.

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
That does seem like a good price for only 200 miles. That year is also the year the proven 686cc engine returned. I would be VERY vigilant on an inspection to make sure it wasn't drowned or other engine issues caused by the current owner and now they are trying to off-load their problems to someone else. However, the two Grizzly 700s I've bought were both used with low mileage and have been great buys.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wouldnt be worried about a low mileage used machine. Millions upon millions of people in the states have plenty of expendable income to try out a new toy every year if that's what they want to do.

If I was in the position when I got my wheeler to buy it with cash, id likely be trading it in next year with 600 miles on it for something different.. Perhaps even trading/selling it now to get a nice sled to rip on for the winter. Variety is the spice of life after all.

As previously mentioned though, a thorough inspection of anything used is always a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
If you can get a dealer or a ATV mechanic to check it out and then if all is well get it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's a good price for a low mileage 2019 700 EPS. The Sportsman 570 supposedly has around the same horsepower as the Kodiak 700 but Yamaha's transmission the best in the business and that means a lot in ATV world.
If you buy it you should change the fluids immediately unless he can show records of when it was last done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No brainer. The Yamaha. Polaris has the worst reliability in the business next to the Chinese imports. I may get attacked on that but every person I know who owns a Polaris whether new or old has had some sort of PREmature problem with their machines. Check out Consumer Affairs on Polaris. My employer bought a new Polaris Ranger XP900 crew machine and within 3 months we had overheating issues....back to the dealer it went. Yeah, I don't want the Porsche I'll take the Fiat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts