Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2019 kodiak 450 and I'm looking to upgrade my rims and tires. I'm looking at 14x7 vision 551 rims with 26x9x14 sedona mud rebel rt tires in the front and 26x11x14 in the rear. Just wondering if this combo would fit on a stock kodiak 450? Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you!

·
Super Moderator
227 Posts
It's going to fit provided you get the correct boot pattern abc don't go to extreme on offset.
Just be warned it going to ride rougher with less sidewall due to the 14" rim, compound that with a much stiffer sidewall than oem.

Imo, stick with 12" rim, it's more functional on an atv

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
X2

14" wheels look great but it will ride much rougher then 12"

·
Registered
614 Posts
Be mindful of the weight of the wheels and tires you add. The machine is no powerhouse to begin with and added unstrung weight can make it fall on it's face as far as power goes.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Be mindful of the weight of the wheels and tires you add. The machine is no powerhouse to begin with and added unstrung weight can make it fall on it's face as far as power goes.
Agreed!!! 450s only make 26 hp.

·
Registered
135 Posts
On my 2000 400 I ran the classic 26 inch bear claws for a year then I added a 1mm shim and a orange secondary spring. I’m a big guy 6-3 280 and that little kodiak impressed me more than once especially in low. My Son now rides it and he’s no little guy either. You should be fine with your 26 inch sedona’s , their weight is very close to the bear claws , just remember low is your best friend on the 450’s. Big hills , mud holes , any draging/ towing etc. drop her in low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts