Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

2018 kodiak upgrades

14K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Vincent 
Thanks again for the reply. Definitely learned a bit since starting this thread. I am interested in getting the kit. Hoping for some other people to chime in with any thoughts or experiences. There are a lot of options out there. Hopefully this thread combined with more research can help me make the right decision. Thanks again for the info. Its been very helpful
I don't own a Kodiak nor do I have experience with JBS products, but I have spent alot of time reading, learning and modifying my own CVT in my 2009 Grizzly 550 using the abundant info on the GrizzlyCentral.com web site. In my case I run a Coop45 machined sheave.

I was really surprised how often I've read about Grizzly owners who spent good money on 400, 500$ JBS kits, and thought they had an amazing Clutch set ups, only to realize their bikes don't perform much or any better then their buddy's Grizzlys witch had nothing more then an 1.5mm shim and an EPI purple spring at a total cost 50$. Point is It's your money, do what makes you happy, just thought I'd share some of the info I've come upon on the other website.

P.S. I have read many good things on the subject of wet Clutch slugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.