Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new guy here looking at a 2018 kodiak 700 eps or se to buy. After lots of reading seems people state different things about the differences between the 2018 kodiak 700 eps vs se i.e. push button 4wd vs lever, adjustable shocks vs non adjustable shocks, diff lock vs no diff lock. According to Yamaha website the only difference besides color is adjustable shocks. Someone stated that later 2018 eps has adjustable shocks, is this true? they really changed shocks half way through production? Wheels should not be a factor as eps and se both have aluminum from what i understand. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My 16 eps has adjustable shocks. I wasn't aware the eps ever came without them. Anyway, if I was going to buy another one today, I'd likely go with a 19 with the 686 engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wish that new 686 had been out for a while. I usually don’t buy first year new engines because of potential issues. A dealership i just talked to stated the only difference between 2018 kodiak 700 eps and se is color.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
Hello all, new guy here looking at a 2018 kodiak 700 eps or se to buy. After lots of reading seems people state different things about the differences between the 2018 kodiak 700 eps vs se i.e. push button 4wd vs lever, adjustable shocks vs non adjustable shocks, diff lock vs no diff lock. According to Yamaha website the only difference besides color is adjustable shocks. Someone stated that later 2018 eps has adjustable shocks, is this true? they really changed shocks half way through production? Wheels should not be a factor as eps and se both have aluminum from what i understand. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN KODIAK 700 EPS & KODIAK 700 EPS SE:
Special Edition paint and graphics
Upgraded tire package

the eps doesn't come with aluminum rims, (unless you get the camouflage package ) both have the same tires

eps has colored plastic, se has painted plastic

Reactions: Jg3YK18

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 2018 EPS came with aluminum rims, adjustable shocks and push button 4x4 and lock (bought in March 2018). I would rather have had steel wheels, but oh well. I LOVE the power steering and push button 4x4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply’s. That’s crazy that Yamaha website is wrong. When comparing the two it lists different suspension. Se has the 5-way preload adjustment as eps does not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 kodiak 700 EPS SE silver for what I think was a steal. It’s nice the 18’s come with the push button 4x4 and locker, one thing I didn’t realize between the 17-18. Also adjustable shocks which I may never adjust but I can if need be..... Just did the AIS delete and looking to order a fuel programmer soon to help with cooling the engine down a bit. I noticed farting around in the trails at low speeds the fans were almost always running. After some research I hear it’s from Yamaha running the machines so lean for emissions causing them to run hot.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The SE is the top of the line model and it has EPS (Electric Power Steering).
If the only difference is the paint then go for the one you like best.

Can't imaging there'd be a huge difference in cost, but if there is then go for the one on sale. Once the plastics get beat up we'll probably all have some form of camo on them!

·
Registered
472 Posts
There is no easy way to get cooling air through the radiator, so that fan runs often to pull air through it. That is one big cylinder, but it works quite well.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
The SE is the top of the line model and it has EPS (Electric Power Steering).
If the only difference is the paint then go for the one you like best.

Can't imaging there'd be a huge difference in cost, but if there is then go for the one on sale. Once the plastics get beat up we'll probably all have some form of camo on them!
You will never see camo on my bike. I can't stand the camo look.

if mine gets beat, it will be a project, pull all plastic, prep & Repaint.

it's crazy here, $1200 extra to go from eps with steel wheels and colored plastic up to camo with aluminum rims, then $300 more to jump up to the SE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2019 EPS came with black aluminum wheels. I'd rather have steel, might get a set and put the aluminum wheels away. I havent hit any trails yet but so far I love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts