Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

2018 Kodiak 450 Forum?

23K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  CanadianKodiak700 
Call Yamaha Corporet directly and be a pain in the rear. Tell them that you are going to park the Kodiak in front of their office with a sign saying what you think of it. Also remember you are not dealing with Yamaha but a independent business that sells or services Yamaha machines. It is no different than Joe Blow Chevy........they represent the brand but are not Chevy

Or just bite the bullet and find a independent repair shop to fix it. That is why most on here do our own work on them.

To me it sounds like a clutch problem

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Remember the poster is not talking to Yamaha but a dealer. I highly doubt that he has actually talked to a person at Yamaha but to Joe Blow at Who Knows Where Yamaha.

The dealers are independent of the manufacture.

Now however if you actually talk to a Yamaha factory rep that is different. Small dealers will blow everyone off just so that they don't have to deal with a problem. But in some cases it does sound like Yamaha the manufacture is blowing people off for the short term while they try to figure out where they went wrong such as in the excessive oil consumption problem.

I do however think that the Yamaha factory warranty is only 6 months, that is really backing your product.

Find another dealer and take it to them, then document what they find. Then see if Yamaha will reimburse you if you have to pay for it.

This may be your only recourse if you can't repair it yourself

I got a call from my friend who oversees DNR purchases for the State of Wisconsin and asked how this ended up. I told him it was machine operator error, as I had no follow up info on it.

Very disappointing when someone leaves us in the dark!
Welcome to the world of vehicle forums

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.