Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

2018 Kodiak 450 Forum?

23K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  CanadianKodiak700 
I had a 16 Kodiak, that had some running issues when new, the dealer told me I had bad fuel, and it was the same fuel that came in it. This was within the first few hours. They did get it running much better, but I never knew what they really did. It seems to me that Yamaha is not buyer friendly, so I think this will come down to the dealer, as always good luck!

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope to hear your final results.

Wow, this is very upsetting. I love justice so count me in on getting Yamaha to stand behind this repair. Post some semi generic info, like the number of the dealership that needs persuasion. I don't know how much we can post on this site, but I intend to discourage anyone on from buying a Yamaha until this is resolved. I know a high level official in the state of Wisconsin who is very involved in ATV purchases by the state, and I will talk with him. So if it is legal to post a number of the dealer, and I think it is, post it and I will call, and I will have others call and tell them that the Forums are lighting up and so are the blogs.

What town are you located near, I will find a talk radio station near you and fill them in on your injustice! Is there a Lemon Law that might apply in your case?

Hey, I am very serious about my approach, and hard core is what it takes. I watched the video, and you have done a great job on your presentation. If you don't mind I will send it off to two Yamaha dealerships I have worked with in the past, and add some comments on how poorly this is being handled. If I were you I would also send it to your dealer and tell them this issue is going to mushroom as a topic on the net! I have already sent it to a Wisconsin State official who has a great deal of influence on where and what the State of Wisconsin DNR purchases ATVs.

I also think that a couple of the guys who have commented here can likely give you an idea what the issue is. I would offer my opinion, but I have less knowledge than many of them.

Vincent, how serious would you guess this is? Also take your best guess on why Yamaha is hesitating on a fix. They say this is within the tolerance of acceptable. That is a very sloppy reply to the issue. If he wanted sloppy, that cost lots less in the form of cheap imported junk!

The Yamaha Company is fully in charge of who can buy and sell their products, and they need to understand that their dealers directly reflect the company. I sense that Yamaha hides behind the dealer, until there is sufficient public concern. So while the top people at Yamaha are not aware of this issue, they should be. With enough support of the people they will stand behind this problem, and the customer should not have to go begging for a fair warranty repair.

Does your state have a Lemon Law? I guess I would go back to the dealer, and beg for help, talk with your salesman, talk with the store owner, and tell them this is unacceptable, and tell them you intend to do what you need to do, within the law to get this issue solved. You can show the video, and tell them that you have a friend (me that intends to call local and statewide radio programs about the issue you have. In the state of Wisconsin the purchase of Yamaha ATVs are on hold until this problem is researched further. I actually got a thank you for the heads up on this issue, I did show the video, and reiterated that Yamaha has indicated that this issue is within tolerance, but most don't do it, but when it does they wont fix it. You get me the name of your dealer, and any radio talk program (sports or open line discussion) and I will try to get in and tell your story. I will be nice and respectful, but clear that this is unacceptable. Also get me the name of a major Tennessee outdoor sporting event, there should be a way to make Yamaha take notice. I purchased an extended warranty, I am not sure it is any good.

I see there is a major dealer that sells three different machines, if that is your dealer, they do have online reviews, you might be able to post one, I don't know if it would stay up, but a threat of a review might be helpful. Try to post a reference to you Youtube video! Remember be nice at first, you need them to feel sympathy for you, if they sense hostility at this point, they might stick to the no service approach. There will be time for aggressive response later, my suggestions are after you beg to get the machine you bought in the first place, a Yamaha that works properly!

Here is something I found on the internet

The Tennessee Lemon Law covers drivers whose vehicles suffer a nonconformity or defect within the first year of ownership or during the express warranty period (whichever comes first) that can't be repaired after repeated attempts (normally four) by a manufacturer-authorized dealership.

I got a call from my friend who oversees DNR purchases for the State of Wisconsin and asked how this ended up. I told him it was machine operator error, as I had no follow up info on it.

Very disappointing when someone leaves us in the dark!

Good to hear from you, and I have no idea on the 450 page, but this is the Kodiak forum so it works for me. Sorry you had to go through this all, and I wish it was a complete happy situation for you, but glad you are accepting it. Hope all your other challenges are improving also. I am glad you found someone who was polite and willing to listen, that is a step forward!

Just a thought, you might have an issue with that in the future, you will pay dearly if this falls apart out of warranty. I hate to say that, but might be better now than later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.