Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a 2016 Kodiak 700 Special Edition. It stalled out the other day and wouldn’t start. Now I am getting a 43 code and it Still won’t start. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Code 43 is:

Fuel System Voltage: Incorrect voltage supplied to the fuel injector or fuel pump.

Time to dig out the volt meter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. So I checked the relay and it is working and has power. I replaced the battery, checked the injector and it appears good. Is there a way to check the ECU to see if it is functioning properly?

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I went through my repair manual after I posted today and sadly I didn't find any pinpoint test as far as testing voltage on the injector or what the value should be. I haven't gone through the electrical diagram for the injector but I doubt that will be much help.

Did you check the fuel pump, and is it coming on when you first turn the key on and then does it shut off after a few seconds or does it keep running? I've got information on testing the fuel pressure but that is about it.

Also did you check the fuel injection fuse and test it with a meter?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fuse is good. I have 12.45 at the fuse. I checked the fuel pump I will attach photo with readings.
D65B53D4-75BD-425E-B882-200FDAED1F05.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Here is all I have for fault code 43.

Do you hear the fuel pump come on and then shut off once it is pressurized?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don’t hear the fuel pump come on. I do not think there is power to the pump. From what I see the power to that wire bundle is for the fuel gauge, which is working.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Here are some files you you to check out.

One is the Fuel Pump system troubleshooting chart.

One is the location diagram for the fuel pressure relay which controls the fuel pump

And once again the fuse location for the fuel pump.

The first thing that I would do is to locate the fuel pressure relay, take it out and test it. Then move on to checking voltages to the fuel pump. The red/blue wire is the power wire for the fuel pump. But remember it will only have voltage to it when the pressure in the fuel line decreases enough that the relay will supply voltage.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. I also purchased the repair manual. I have walked through all of that. There is no pressure in the fuel line as I’ve taken it off and there isn’t any fuel in it now. I’ve taken the relay out and tested it and it seems to work properly. The fuse is intact.

I think I have done everything I can. I have purchased a new ECU and I will try that.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Yea, if you are going to work on and trouble shoot problems you really need a manual of your own.

·
Registered
530 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts