Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive about 12 miles in 85 degree weather at approx. 15-25 mph. When I arrive at my destination, the Kodiak seems to be quite hot but no overheat dummy light. I drive another 1-2 miles with stops and starts between and have trouble keeping the ATV running. It will start fine but then dies while I am putting it into gear. I've started it in gear so I can get going, but it keeps starting like this as long as it is warm. Any ideas what is wrong or how to fix it? I do not live anywhere near a dealer or repair shop. I do possess a repair/service manual and some tools and repair knowledge. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
How new is your Kodiak? If you purchased it back in 2016 it might be one with a throttle body problem.

They do seam to run quite warm. There was a poster on here a while ago that complained about the heat when he was riding his with a pair of shorts on. I have a water temperature gauge on mine now and will find out just how hot they get once I get my truck back on the road so that I can go riding.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My machine seems to run cooler since switching to synthetic motor oil. Wether that's coincidence or not is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I hear the fan come on sometimes.

I bought the Kodiak in Dec. 2015 and don't know anything about a problem with the throttle body. Can you direct me to a thread where I can get more information?

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
my bike heat light comes on almost every time I'm out ! make sure to clean ur RAD when u get back that has a lot to do with it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts