Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
That is the general consensus From what I understand. You have to enrich the fuel mixture with a tuner when you get a less restrictive exhaust. At least that's how it's always been presented to me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
When I modified just to a freer flowing spark arrestor I got the decel popping again. So even though I had a tunner I had to bump up the fuel a bit.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
When I modified just to a freer flowing spark arrestor I got the decel popping again. So even though I had a tunner I had to bump up the fuel a bit.
Exactly.

it doesn't take much change to the exhaust flow, or even the intake, to mess the air fuel mix ratio up. These things are so boarderline lean from factory, all new bikes are just to meet emmisions.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
3 Posts
The machine will come from factory already running on the lean side, and adding anything that increases flow will make it run even more lean, resulting in higher temps and possible engine failure. In my experience, and time you put an exhaust, intake, valve work, porting etc. you should add a tuner/fuel optimizer. I have an EHS "bullet box" on my 2020 kodiak and it works great.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I'm running the EHS as shipped and I think I need to bump it up across the board. Just newed to spend the time to become comfortable with adjusting it..

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I'm running the EHS as shipped and I think I need to bump it up across the board. Just newed to spend the time to become comfortable with adjusting it..
You are most likely good on the low end, from what i read and have watched, or bikes are pretty good at idle adventures low rpm, it's the middle and high rpm where we run very lean.

If i were you i would start by boosting the fuel in mid and high first as a starting point.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
You are most likely good on the low end, from what i read and have watched, or bikes are pretty good at idle adventures low rpm, it's the middle and high rpm where we run very lean.

If i were you i would start by boosting the fuel in mid and high first as a starting point.

sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
926 Posts

Check out Eric's video from EHS

They run leanest while cruising. When your light on the throttle.
When your accelerate normally, or floor it they richen right up

Also just to add more info,

708 are lean from idle and the EHS tuners are programed to add fuel right from the idle circuit

The later 686 are actually richer at idle, and the tuner don't add fuel during idling. They only add fuel when you touch the throttle and get off the idle circuit

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Check out Eric's video from EHS

They run leanest while cruising. When your light on the throttle.
When your accelerate normally, or floor it they richen right up

Also just to add more info,

708 are lean from idle and the EHS tuners are programed to add fuel right from the idle circuit

The later 686 are actually richer at idle, and the tuner don't add fuel during idling. They only add fuel when you touch the throttle and get off the idle circuit
You are right. I was laying in bed last night after i wrote that and it was bothering me, thinking i got it backwards.... I told myself I'll check it in the morning.... But no need, you beat me to it. Lol

Worst part is i litterly just watched that video yesterday morning as it was in my youtube feed as a favorite. Lol

Reactions: Vincent
1 - 12 of 12 Posts