Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an independant motorcycle/atv mechanic working on a 2005 Kodiak 400 4x4 that is pulling to the right. Upon disassembly and inspection I have found that not only was the lower right a-arm bent but also behind the lower rear a-arm mount is bent. I have already replaced the lower a-arm. When I was going to put it in I noticed the a-arm mount tabs were bent so I tried to straighten them up as best as could, got the a-arm on and reassembled everything, still was pulling to the right, this was when I discovered that the frame was actually bent right behind the mount. My question is obviously you can't get a new frame anywhere but was wondering what year models might have the same frame to try to find one on eBay. If anybody could chime in on this that would be great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am an independant motorcycle/atv mechanic working on a 2005 Kodiak 400 4x4 that is pulling to the right. Upon disassembly and inspection I have found that not only was the lower right a-arm bent but also behind the lower rear a-arm mount is bent. I have already replaced the lower a-arm. When I was going to put it in I noticed the a-arm mount tabs were bent so I tried to straighten them up as best as could, got the a-arm on and reassembled everything, still was pulling to the right, this was when I discovered that the frame was actually bent right behind the mount. My question is obviously you can't get a new frame anywhere but was wondering what year models might have the same frame to try to find one on eBay. If anybody could chime in on this that would be great.
Check partzilla.com and when you're finding the part you need, they will give you a list of machines that part is fitting. In your case it looks that models 2005-2007 have the same frame

1 - 2 of 2 Posts