Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All... anyone have any issues like I’m having with a reverse light flashing and speedometer not working ?

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Is the speedometer digital or mechanical?

I know that the 2001's and perhaps 2002's were mechanical

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
I just looked and saw that it is digital.

You need to check the wiring going to the meter assembly, if all that checks out then you may need to find a new or used meter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything else works except the MPH… The clock and gear display are ok. Does anyone know if the speedometer works off the manual cable?

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
You would need to get a trouble shooting manual to see if you can follow where the signal comes from.

On my 2000 400 the gear for the speedometer was on the left hand side on the transmission, but it was mechanical where yours is digital so there could be a sensor down there with some wires that could of been damaged.

You might be able to look at a parts diagram from a online parts source and see if you can tell where the signal comes from.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Today I looked at a few parts diagrams for your Kodiak and can't even find where a speed sensor would even be at much less a solution to your problem.

You might try disconnecting the battery for a hour or so and see what happens then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still have same issue. Disconnected battery, Checked all fuses and speed sensor. But all seem ok...anymore have the same issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
I did a google search and came up with this video. The person doing the video is saying that the ground is lost on the wiring going to the speed sensor. They were saying that their problem was the same as yours and while is isn't the correct fix it may point you in the correct direction or if you try what they did it may be alright for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
I should of also said that to fix it right you would need to obtain a electrical circuit diagram of the speed sensor to find where it gets its ground from and then correct that problem. You could also just follow that black wire from the connection and see just where it does go to to see if you can correct the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts