Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses kodiak make noise from the clutch. Mines always dont it but it's a loud rattling noise. This is my first Yamaha is this common? It's very annoying

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a base model 2019 700. I have weights, secondary, and shim in but the noise was there before that

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would have to hear it, but is it under warranty? That might be the place to start. Go test drive a new one, see how it sounds.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is not normal. Definitely take it in if it’s still under warranty

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
You may get some grief from the dealer with the shims and springs in it.

It is not a good idea to start modding a vehicle that is under warranty.

Dealers look at anything to void the warranty where it isn't stock

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't buy a extended warranty and I've owned it almost a year. I think it only had a 6 month? I here CVT clutches are louder then others but idk. I'll try and get a video tomorrow

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think Ive heard people mention something to do with the foot brake rattling aswell. Worth a look

·
Registered
473 Posts
You indicated it has always done this, but I assume it is a bit worse now, as you did not ask about it before? I would say mine makes no noise, a bit yes, but nothing noticeable. The video should be interesting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill post a vid for you guys. I contacted my dealer right away and they said Yamaha is noisy in the clutch but they will look. I never brought it in because i use in all the time around the house and i haven't had any issues

·
Registered
473 Posts
It will be interesting to hear the video, but sad that the dealer rep said they are noisy. If you ask all the readers on here, no one would say they are noisy, so they are not!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think we can assume he went deaf and does not hear the noise anymore! Would be nice to get some resolution!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Clutch has always been noisy on my Grizzly too. When I first baught it I thought I had a bad connecting rod bearing. It's that noticible!!!!!

That was 9000 kms ago. Bike still runs like new with currently 13 000 kms and 600 hrs

·
Registered
473 Posts
Vincent, is that sound a knocking sound? I have no noise on my 700 Kodiak, no whine or anything.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Vincent, is that sound a knocking sound? I have no noise on my 700 Kodiak, no whine or anything.
Yup knocking noise.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have zero knocking noise, just light whine when decelerating from high speed only, which is just the engine breaking sound from the CVT belt.

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
473 Posts
KodiakAfishyo
has described this just like I would, but mine is very quiet. I had a friend comment on how quite mine was, but this is my second 700 Kodiak and both were the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts