Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have today mounted my Lightpartz worklight with 21,600lm/13,654lm 180 watts. At night I have not tried it yet but even during the day it is impossible to see in this brutally bright light. The beam angle is 90 degrees. Due to the mounting location, the front carrier can still be fully used, the headlight can be rotated 90 degrees to the left and right.
With this brand, the lumens are real lumens and not fantasy data of Chinese manufacturers :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Gerhard,
the working light looks great, I like the mounting plate. What are the lights besides the license plates? The direction indicators? They look like fog lamps in your photos. Did you wire them together with your working light?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Holy crap, I get complaints from oncoming trail traffic about my 36 watt bar being too bright. That light would probably get me a helmet off the side of the head.

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
the two lamps next to the license plate are the turn signals with built-in position lights. They light up as soon as the ignition is on.
Of course, you cannot switch on the work lights in normal road traffic. This is forbidden in Germany. But work lights that can be switched on alone are allowed on private property, fields or forests or where no one cares...
I have just tried it in the dark, now you can drive at night with Schwarzenegger Terminator glasses and it still brighter than the normal lights.

• o_O

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I had already thought of that. I measured a little over 12 amps, is that ok? What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Back from my old school days to find the amps of a load you divide the watts by the volts. So the way that I figure it these lights draw 15 amps or so. That's going to put quite a strain on the charging system of these machines.

Take a digital volt meter and while the Kodiak is running check the charging voltage on the battery, it should be around 14.1 volts. Then turn the light on and check it again. I will wager that your voltage will drop below 12 volts, so with the light on you will be running off of the battery and not charging it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Back from my old school days to find the amps of a load you divide the watts by the volts. So the way that I figure it these lights draw 15 amps or so. That's going to put quite a strain on the charging system of these machines.

Take a digital volt meter and while the Kodiak is running check the charging voltage on the battery, it should be around 14.1 volts. Then turn the light on and check it again. I will wager that your voltage will drop below 12 volts, so with the light on you will be running off of the battery and not charging it.
add to that, the draw from the winch under load. Running the light while winching would definitely not be advisable.

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,
I measured the volts, At idle 14.1 volts, with the 180 watt light 13.6 volts with the other 3 lights together with high beam 13.4 volts.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Should be OK I would think. just be something to keep an eye on and let the system run afterwards to replenish the battery. A battery tender oner night, etc.. I would try it!

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I agree with the above, just make sure that your battery gets a full charge after using that work light.

Battery tenders are nice. I was looking the other day where I have mine parked at during my plowing season on how I could run a cord to it to hook one up for when it was just sitting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts