Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago when mudding. One guy got stuck on a pretty bad hole.so I tried to pull him out and hear a popping noise then realized that my my front tires stop spinning. I figured it was my front diff that when out. I order a front diff from 2019 kodiak. Swap it out and the 4x4 is still now working. I jacked all four tire off ground and noticed that my front drive shaft is not spinning when I hit the throttle. I tried spinning the drive shaft by hand while still all tire off ground and they spin very slow. Any ideas what may be the problem or what to check for next ????

·
Registered
472 Posts
I can tell you what you likely know, it is the power feeding the front shaft. that is likely a major gear repair. Scary to hear, as I would have thought, unless you really abused this, I thought that drive train was bullet proof. We had a post a few months ago that someone had a drive train issue, and blamed it on large tires, but I can't recall the specifics.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
When you have it in 4x4 with the front end off of the ground do the tires turn in different directions when you rotate one tire?
What did your servo look like? All it is is a gear that slides the gears into the front diff to engage 4x4 and the diff lock.

I think that the best person to ask about it not working would be Steve at 501 Parts. He also has rebuilt and new servos if you need one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts