Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2018 Kodiak 450 this past weekend and I can't find anything for it as far as skid plates, passenger foot pegs etc . Anybody know if there is going to be anything coming out soon or am I going to have to wait a year for anything.. PS is there a Kodiak 450 Forum all I see is 700 thanks guys

Super Moderator
Your 2018 Kodiak 450 is a new animal out there so you are going to have to wait for the accessory market to get going.

What are you looking for other than what you listed? Foot pegs and a lot of other items will be generic unless a company comes out with some custom ones.

Skid plates will be a big wait, but I have found that the factory plastic ones work quite well.

Registered
X2 on what Jim said. I too, have no complaints about my factory skid plates. I would have to be really beating my machine to justify the added weight and cost of aluminum or steel skid plates. I have 27's on my 700 giving me a bit over a foot of ground clearance.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
My machine doesn't have boot protectors tho and I'd really like some . Also I would like a clutch kit as I ride trails mostly and would like it to stand the front end up easier. Also because I ordered new 26" ITP MUD LITE XTR tires and that will take some of its get up and go away. I have heard of doing different shims and weights but nobody has any info yet on this because it is so new

Super Moderator
What trim level do you have?

On my 2016 base model I can purchase parts from the higher end models and bolt it right on. Check with your dealers parts department and see if they can get you some, the factory ones should bolt right onto your machine.

If you have the higher trim level you might have to wait for aftermarket to come out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The msrp for my kodiak 450 was 5999 , I paid 6317 out the door . The kodiak 700 was 6999 msrp and the kodiak 700 for that price had no dash and no push button on command 4wd. I would have had to upgrade to the kodiak 700 eps model to get those options. And spend even more so that is what made me go with the 450. So far I'm happy with my decision .

Registered
I looked into a new 450 kodiak here in Canada it was 9100. I bought the base 700 a year ago for 7400. I could believe what they wanted for it.

Super Moderator
The factory A-arm guards work just fine for 99% of what is going to hit them. Even the factory skid plate works fine. The one on my 2000 was scared up so bad that I actually trimmed a few chunks off of it but it held up for 17 years of riding.

If yours doesn't have them you can just order them on line from the best place for the price. Just go up to the model of 450 that has them and use that part number. The holes should be predrilled in the A-arms already. Then you can either use factory hardware or pick up some 6mmx1 bolts that are around 1" long and some lock nuts and you are set.

Registered
I ordered new 26" ITP MUD LITE XTR tires
What size did you order? I want to get some 26 or maybe even 27 kenda 592s but I'm not sure of what size to order or if I need new rims as well. I know the stock rim sizes and that's it. Bear with me, noob here.

Registered
What size did you order? I want to get some 26 or maybe even 27 kenda 592s but I'm not sure of what size to order or if I need new rims as well. I know the stock rim sizes and that's it. Bear with me, noob here.
Your stock 12" rims will work fine with any 26" or 27" tires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts