Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the Highlifter 1 1/2" spacers to widen the stance of my Kodiak, I am guessing this would add to the stability.

Can anyone else that's done this comment on the increased stability of the machine? In the end, was it worth doing?

·
Registered
703 Posts
1" inch aluminum billet spacers at all four corners works awesome. 1.5" sure would be interesting

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vincent, do they make it feel more stable on the off camber stuff?

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the plunge and ordered a set from Ebay, they're 1 1/2" ones made by Hdmoffroad.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Your going to notice a big difference compared to stock.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were right, big difference, much more stable! :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
530 Posts
Do you guy’s find that with the spacers there is more dirt and mud being thrown past the fenders? Especially if your running wider tires than stock.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What king of riding do you do mostly, and roughly how many miles have you put on the 2"ers.
I ride hard, punishingly so. An example would be during the last ride my Kodiak was roughly 8 feet off the ground coming over what ended up being a jump...very unintentional!

During most of the day we were running between 20 and 30 mph on trails where we honestly shouldn't have been doing it..

I've put just shy of 150 miles on mine.

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What king of riding do you do mostly, and roughly how many miles have you put on the 2"ers.
Do you guy’s find that with the spacers there is more dirt and mud being thrown past the fenders? Especially if your running wider tires than stock.
I put the overfenders on my Kodiak right after the larger Zilla's and before the spacers...really glad I did. Last ride was basically mud all day in the mountain, without the overfenders I would have been covered...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts