Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hope to get a little help with my ATV. I was riding a few weeks ago and the ATV start running rough with a miss when giving gas. I opened up the air box and noticed a mouse had piled corn around the air cleaner. I cleaned it out and replaced the filter. Still missing when given gas. I first took the carb apart and cleaned all jets etc... and changed new spark plug. Now I can not get the ATV to even try to start. I even tried spraying starter fluid in the carb with no luck in trying to start it. I believe I flooded it once but let it sit for three day and still the same thing. I replaced the carb with a new oem one with no change. I took the carb off tonight and sprayed starting fluid in the intake and it ignited and blew a flame out so I think I’m getting good spark. Below is a list of things I have checked -Added new carb -checked to make sure it’s getting gas -checked intake hose and hose to air box for cracks -new spark plug -new air filter Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Here is a page for you out of a repair manual on what to look at.

It would be best if you opened it up on a computer just so that you can see it and possibly print it out.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts