Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

stock tire with new wheels???

12K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kodiak_king 
#1 ·
Looking for a few answers. Picked up a 2016 Kodiak700 and want to add some different wheels but want to keep the tires it came with. Found some wheels I like but I don't know enough about sizing to go ahead and order them. Stock tires (per the manual) are AT25x8-12 for the fronts and AT25x10-12 for the rears. The size wheel being recommended are 12-7 5.0+2.0. I don't understand the numbers? I would appreciate some input.

#4 ·
I did the opposite: 27" Zillas on the stock steel wheels. They're lighter than aftermarket alloys and look good with the new paint (can't post a pic here, apparently I've used up all my attachment allowance)

#7 ·
I love my Zillas too. Still on the fence over whether I'm going to do the clutch modification - probably will someday but not in a hurry. I agree with Nomad - 28's might be a bit much with stock clutching. I went with spacers, 1" front and rear. Love the wider look.

#8 ·
Kodiak rims & tires value

What's a fair price to ask for the never-used stock rims and Maxxis tires from a 2016 Kodiak? I purchased after market rims and 27" tires, and dealer wouldn't take a trade-in. It looks like the front tires retail on-line for around $85 and the rear tires retail for around $100. Thanks.

#9 ·
I can only recommend looking at your local Craigslist or Kijiji ads and seeing how much people are selling similar tires/wheels for. I got $200 CDN for my nearly new stock tires (no wheels)

#11 ·
I would consider replacing the rubber on new Kodiak,the tires are only 2 ply if you are riding on a lot of rocks or rough terrain you will be repairing them a lot.New 6 or 8 ply tires aren't that expensive $60 to $100 ea. the 5 - 2 I think is the offset on rims and 4 110 is the bolt spacing. Ebay has a bunch of wheel tire kits ranging from $550 to $1200. I just bought a a set of sti wheels and ancla tires in ,26 in. for $699 already mounted balanced delivered with lug nuts included.Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.