Want feedback on a couple of yamaha's competitors? - Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 30 Old 02-24-2019, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Want feedback on a couple of yamaha's competitors?

Looking for opinions on the Suzuki king quad and the Kawasaki brute force? Thanks
post #2 of 30 Old 02-24-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Looking for opinions on the Suzuki king quad and the Kawasaki brute force? Thanks
probably not the best place to ask for input on those bikes, most will drag them to the lowest....

personally , i do feel yamaha is a superior machine to either of these .

they will have more power, but most that have rode them will say the yamaha is much smoother and more comfortable seating position.
both are very well built and reliable. I would take either one before a Can Am, and even a bmx bicycle before a polaris quad (they know sxs and snowmobiles lol)
post #3 of 30 Old 02-24-2019, 01:05 PM

A friend has ran quite a few Kawasaki's and had no major problems with them. He is now running Arctic Cats and loves them. His father in law is a Suzuki man and likewise no problems that I have heard of.

I personally think that as long as you take care of them and do the maintence along with fixing what you break out on the trail that most of them are good machines or they wouldn't still be selling them.

I myself like Yamaha better than the other. However Arctic Cat has a few things that I like such as a switch on the console for had warmers and hand warmers from the factory. Along with some of their storage compartments such as one on the rear of the machine.

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JimP; 02-24-2019 at 01:07 PM.

post #4 of 30 Old 02-24-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianKodiak700 View Post
probably not the best place to ask for input on those bikes, most will drag them to the lowest....

personally , i do feel yamaha is a superior machine to either of these .

they will have more power, but most that have rode them will say the yamaha is much smoother and more comfortable seating position.
both are very well built and reliable. I would take either one before a Can Am, and even a bmx bicycle before a polaris quad (they know sxs and snowmobiles lol)
Yeah, next time I get a chance to attend a club meeting, I will pick some brains. Can am isn't even in the thought process. I wouldn't buy one on principle. As a Canadian, I wouldn't piss on Bombardier! Polaris is also one I am not interested in. I rode a 2016 Honda rubicon SE recently. Hated it.
post #5 of 30 Old 02-24-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yeah, next time I get a chance to attend a club meeting, I will pick some brains. Can am isn't even in the thought process. I wouldn't buy one on principle. As a Canadian, I wouldn't piss on Bombardier! Polaris is also one I am not interested in. I rode a 2016 Honda rubicon SE recently. Hated it.
What's the deal with Can Am, Bombardier, and Canada? I thought Bombardier made Can Am's.
post #6 of 30 Old 02-24-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Primethious;54028]What's the deal with Can Am, Bombardier, and Canada? I thought Bombardier made Can Am's.[/QUOTE ]
They do do. They have an Aerospace division which has received bail out after bailout by the taxpayer. They operate out of the province of Quebec. They run can am manufacturing exclusively in Mexico taking advantage of dirt cheap labour. At the same time, they charge exhorbitant money for their machines.Having said that, it's more about the Mexico thing than the end price for me. Pretty hard to compete with the peso.......even with our crappy dollar.
post #7 of 30 Old 02-25-2019, 12:07 AM

I'm with you my Canadian brother. I hate government bailouts as much as the next guy, and I can see where they should be sourcing local workers if they want them to support the company.
post #8 of 30 Old 02-25-2019, 11:07 AM

a guy in my local ATV club has a suzuki king quad with 5,000 miles on it and no issues other than basic maintenace..another member has a polaris and says they're a nightmare.. i think of it as the old school brands (suzuki, yamaha, honda) have been doin this forever so they have something right--i wouldnt trust a CFmoto for example...I personally might try a can am outlander 570 next
post #9 of 30 Old 02-25-2019, 01:08 PM

Have friends and coworker with Suzukis and Brute Force quads all with 7000+ miles and all seem to be solid and reliable machines as my own Grizzly has been.

One of the members named Reogem over on the grizzly forum has a 2013 Grizzly 700 with 22 000 miles! He switched over to a 2016 Kodiak 700 in 2017 and has been racking up MEGA mileage on it without issues as well.

2009 Grizzly 550 Special Edition, Red Midnight Armour, EPS, 26"Pitbull Growler BG2.5 xor, on 12"polished alloy SE wheels with 1"spacers, Yamaha overfenders & windshield, Heat Demon grips & thumb warmers, 2500lbs Warn winch, two up seat / storage box, Moose rear bumper, Gold Plugs in diffs & engine, COOP45 machined sheave + 0.5mm shim (3.1:1), 18 gram weights, EPI Orange spring

Last edited by Vincent; 02-25-2019 at 01:15 PM.
post #10 of 30 Old 02-25-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineboy View Post
a guy in my local ATV club has a suzuki king quad with 5,000 miles on it and no issues other than basic maintenace..another member has a polaris and says they're a nightmare.. i think of it as the old school brands (suzuki, yamaha, honda) have been doin this forever so they have something right--i wouldnt trust a CFmoto for example...I personally might try a can am outlander 570 next
nothing wrong with cfmoto, they have been in the small engine game for a long time. not to mention they use some quality parts in their machines, just one example, who else comes with elka shocks stock?

I would take a cfmoto over a polaris anyday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page