V Plow - Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum

post #1 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

V Plow

I'm looking for info about getting a V Plow for my Kodiak. This will be first time getting a plow.
post #2 of 27 Old 12-04-2019, 01:22 AM

Any reason for a V plow instead of a straight blade? I believe that there is another member here that has one but I am not sure.

I have been plowing with a straight blade now for close to 20 years and the only problem that I have had with any of it is the wear on the wear blade when I place the plow on a angle to push the snow off of the driveway or sidewalk.

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Besides doing the driveway and making path in yard, I want use the V plow for trails and going on lake for ice fishing.

2017 Kodiak 700 EPS

post #4 of 27 Old 12-04-2019, 11:24 AM

Any v plow available would be really heavy I believe but not sure. Boss might make one but not sure. I think plowing trails might be a tall order regardless of what you use on an atv.
post #5 of 27 Old 12-04-2019, 05:03 PM

Garage
A tow behind blade might work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Boa...MaAptnEALw_wcB

2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS
post #6 of 27 Old 12-04-2019, 09:39 PM

Just Google “atv v snow plow” you will get a lot of choices popping up to look at.
I plow the trails around my property all winter with straight tapered blade with ease. The tapered blade throws the snow farther off to the side.
post #7 of 27 Old 12-07-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Update:
I looked into Eagle Plow System for V plow. The other companies Boss and Moose have switched to making them for UTV from what I understand

This is the info I found on Eagle Plow, is manufacturer : American MFG, I looking at website northstaratv.com
parts#:
#1- 2610 Mid Mount
#2- 2906 System push tube
#3- 2919 is the V-blade

I looked up the front mount, what are guys thoughts? if use a front mount I would need a counter weight from what I understand

3920 is Gen II front plow mount
3906 Gen II push tube go with the mount I think

2017 Kodiak 700 EPS

Last edited by Markwi; 12-07-2019 at 01:55 PM.
post #8 of 27 Old 12-08-2019, 01:11 AM

I thought about a V plow, but decided against it for driveway purposes.
It sounds like a good idea though for trails as long as there are no small sapling stumps in the paths like we have out here.
post #9 of 27 Old 12-15-2019, 10:42 AM

Garage
Being from the Same area as the OP I also use a straight blade, I plow woods paths driveways and in front of my house. I am about 1.5 north ish, and it hasn't stopped snowing and I wouldn't go V based no weight alone. My straight Kolpin plow with my Shocks Set at 5 Still pulls the front down a bit and that has not been with a wet snow that we are prone to getting. I had to switch to a plow strap due to killing winch cables constantly. Just my 2 cents.

2018 Kodiak 700 Hunter Edition EPS, 2005 Suzuki Eiger 400.
post #10 of 27 Old 12-15-2019, 02:51 PM

A straight blade allows you to widen the plowed trail by almost the width of the blade each pass. A V plow will only widen the initial pass by less than half the overall width of the plow. As well you cannot push up any ridges that are left.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page