Kodiak 700 With Grizzly Handlebars? - Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KodiakBar

post #1 of 9 Old 05-13-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Kodiak 700 With Grizzly Handlebars?

We've been talking about handlebars recently and a few of us are probably wondering if we can just directly install the one from the Grizzly 700 onto the Kodiak 700. Unfortunately, no one was picking up the phone when I called Yamaha Genuine Parts so we'll have to figure this out ourselves.

Theoretically, we should be able to switch out the bars since everything is just bolted on but would the Kodiak wires be long enough for the larger handlebar? Looking at the diagram, both models use the same "Cable Throttle 1" so the length of that shouldn't be a problem. As for the "Wire Brake 1", the part numbers are not the same but when I took a look at the part number on Part Zilla, the 2016 Kodiak 700 EPS 4WD SE is said to use the same wire as the Grizzly. This probably means that this wire is compatible with the Grizzly handlebar too.

Once the swap has been made, it should be just a matter of connecting everything again like switches, headlight, etc.

If someone has tested this out, please post here and let us know how it went. As an alternative, aftermarket company Rox has come out with a handlebar/riser kit and they have posted an installation video for anyone interested.

Taneli Kopra likes this.
post #2 of 9 Old 11-19-2016, 08:44 AM

Hello,

It have been while when you post this thread.
Do you have already get answer or do you have tested it, becouse im thinking the same thing swapping grizzly handebar to my kodiak.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-17-2016, 03:20 PM

Garage
if you do/did end up swapping out for grizzly bars lemme know how it works

post #4 of 9 Old 10-07-2017, 04:27 AM

I did the rox and love them
post #5 of 9 Old 04-26-2019, 03:48 PM

Garage
I would like to know if this works as well. I would like to raise the bars but don't want to go the ROX route.

Happy Trails!

: )B

2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS
- custom Airbox
- AIS blocked
- Yamaha OEM rear cargo box
- American Trails fender bag
2015 Kawasaki Brute Force 300
- stock
2011 Yamaha TW 200
- Jimbo windshield
- Barkbuster type handguards
- Yanahe OEM rear rack
- D.I.D. chain
- customized exhaust and tip
1987 Honda Fatcat
- customized metal rear fender and headlight pod
post #6 of 9 Old 04-26-2019, 03:52 PM

I put the Grizzly bars on last year and they add around 1 1/2" to the handle bar height.

I am 6'4" and now I can ride fairly comfortable standing up. It would be nice if they were another inch or so but I have had no problems with them at the height that they are now.

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-26-2019, 04:22 PM

Garage
Thanks Jim!

I am 6' and can ride comfortably standing up, but don't like how close the bars are to the plastic at full lock, and think that a higher, more forward bar would fix that and make the quad feel "sportier".

Glad to hear it is doable without changing cables or anything like that.

Happy trails!

: )B

- custom Airbox
- AIS blocked
- stock
2011 Yamaha TW 200
- Jimbo windshield
- Yanahe OEM rear rack
- D.I.D. chain
1987 Honda Fatcat
post #8 of 9 Old 04-26-2019, 07:28 PM

If you go with them just be careful when reattaching the brake handle on the left side.

I have a winch and when they installed the bolt to hold the in/out switch they possibly almost stripped it. Then when I went and put it on I did strip it using a torque wrench set to the correct reading. I ended up getting a longer bolt that worked without having to retap the threads or going to a bolt and nut arrangement.

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-28-2019, 12:15 AM

Garage
Thanks Jim!

I had my winch installed at the dealer, so if I got that route a will be sure to pay special attention to the left side controls.

- custom Airbox
- AIS blocked
- stock
2011 Yamaha TW 200
- Jimbo windshield
- Yanahe OEM rear rack
- D.I.D. chain
1987 Honda Fatcat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page