Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

2020 Kodiak radiator leak

7K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  dcrumlich 
#1 ·
Well after about 50 easy miles the radiator in my 2020 Kodiak started to leak. The plastic expansion tanks crimped onto the side if the radiator, lower left corner has come loose. You can push it up and watch it leak, anyone have any issues? Going back to the dealership Wednesday, really starting to regret leaving Suzuki

#5 ·
They all come with the coolant level in the recovery tank at the low level mark. Also may have been some air in the system. Have you added coolant to the recovery tank, and if so, is the level dropping.
My 2019 was at the low mark when I got it. I filled the recovery tank to the high mark. Still at the same level now with 200 miles on it.

#9 ·
You may want to attach a small clear bottle to your water pump bearing seal weep hose and monitor that for a while. It is possible that the seal on the water pump could be bad.
I put one on mine just to keep an eye on it.

#13 ·
The new Kodiak 700 does not cover the radiator properly. So, if you go fast, you end up with holes in the rad since flying rocks from the wheels can fly into the exposed rad. I was told to take plastic from old Honda quads and place it behind the wheel and protect the rad.

#14 ·
On the top of the radiator(2018 model) there are two rubber grommets that hold the radiator in. And the bottom has a couple bolts.

Ive seen the grommets allow the top of the radiator to come out at the top. And results in the radiator getting jostled around on the bottom bolts only, until it springs a leak.

My friends 2016 had this problem.
I took 2 small wooden blocks and shoved into the gap that allows it to fall out of the top. Not had any issues with leaking radiators since.

He wrecked his radiator 2 times before I noticed what was happening

#15 ·
I'll have to look at mine and see how it looks when I do my maintenance on it next week.

With almost 4 years on it and quite a bit of riding I haven't noticed any problems with it

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.