Trouble Posting Replies - Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 06-07-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Trouble Posting Replies

The last week or so I have had a hard time posting a reply to question or in a thread that is on going. If I use the Quick Reply and click on Post Quick Reply it does nothing. But if I click on Go Advanced it will allow me to post my reply. However if I separate any sentence or paragraph in the reply it will run it all together.

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 9 Old 06-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Which browser / OS / device are you using?

Are you seeing anything else missing from the site such as icons, avatars, ect?

If you hav any adblocker / script blockers can you disable them to see if that resolves it? Some blockers have been known to disrupt site functions.

Are you getting any error messages or seeing any waiting on / connecting to alerts when trying to use those buttons?

Are the buttons greyed out, or do they look to be the same as all the others?

Thanks.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-08-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Which browser / OS / device are you using? I am using Firefox 53,0.3

Are you seeing anything else missing from the site such as icons, avatars, ect? Everything else seams normal

If you hav any adblocker / script blockers can you disable them to see if that resolves it? Some blockers have been known to disrupt site functions. I disabled my add blocker but get the same problems

Are you getting any error messages or seeing any waiting on / connecting to alerts when trying to use those buttons? Nothing, when I click on Submit Reply it just does nothing when I am in the Quick Reply Box

Are the buttons greyed out, or do they look to be the same as all the others? It's all normal.

This is also the only site that I am having problems with.

Now on this reply I had clicked on the Quote box and removed the quotes

It appears that if I Edit my post that it works properly

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-08-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

OK, it appears that the gremlins are busy today.

Before I tried to reply to you in the above post I was still having problems even with my add blocker turned off for this site but now it appears to be working properly.

I'll watch it and see what it does on future post.

post #5 of 9 Old 06-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Keep me informed and we'll keep investigating. I've heard some members on other sites have similar issues and when turning their adblocker off/on, all was well.

Let me know.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-09-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I think that it was the add blocker that I am using now.

I switched add blockers and the one that I am running now seams to cause a few problems on forums, I have noticed that this isn't the only one that I have a problem with it.

I may switch back to the old one that I was running.

Thanks for the help

post #7 of 9 Old 06-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Administrator

If your adblocker has the ability to white list sites, and you are still having an issue, you can go to http://www.verticalscope.com and add that to the whitelist. That may sort the issue.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-13-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Everything is working fine now since I white listed this site on it.

Thanks for the help.

post #9 of 9 Old 06-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Glad to help. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page