Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Mice in my cargo box on my 700 Kodiak

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  avator46 
#1 ·
Just to let all of you know that if you don't snap closed your cargo box, in front of the seat, the mice can and will get in there. I did not have mine open, but I did not have it snapped tight and they built a nest in there, in just a few days.

#2 ·
I'd check the rest of it out since mice like to chew on wiring and it doesn't take them long to do a lot of damage

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madmax
#6 ·
Go down to the store and purchase a box of moth balls. Then get a old pair and I mean a old pair of your wife's or girlfriends panty hose or plain old nylons and put the moth balls into it. Then hang them on and around the wheeler when you are not riding it.

Or get a couple of snakes.

#11 ·
Most domestic cats nowadays wouldn't have the slightest idea of what to do with a mouse. Now if that cat was raised out on the farm all bets are off

Reactions: Bream
#13 ·
My sister had a cat that would go out and catch a mouse and then bring it back home and deposit it at the front door. I guess that the cat expected my mom to cook it

#17 ·
I had left my toolbox unlatched once, and a pack of hot and spicy peanuts was in there, sure nuff, dang mouse got in there and chewed the corner out of the pack and ate some...never seen the first mouse, but now I know

#23 ·
I had mice get into my Honda Rancher(s). One machine they built a nest in the air box the other machine didn't fair too well. The mice chewed up the wiring that ran into the ECU. $300 for new wiring harness and a couple hours of my time. I store my machines in the garage now as opposed to under my deck in the elements.

#27 ·
You, as with others, may have more restraint than me.
I did check my air boxes.... mouse free. Thanks for the heads up. Our bikes are kept in an older yet, weather proof barn with a dirt floor. I know there are rodents because I've dispatched several of the years. Pretty sure the rat snakes help keep the numbers down as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.