Best Value Passenger Seat - Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By maineboy

post #1 of 6 Old 03-24-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Best Value Passenger Seat

I know there are a lot of options out there for adding passenger seats. I’d like one that is large enough for adults so I can get my family on the trail together (with our motorcycles) but don’t want to spend more than I need to.

Any suggestions?
post #2 of 6 Old 03-24-2019, 03:18 PM

I don't think that there is any one answer for that question and our machines that were not designed for two people.

A seat that is great for kids won't work for adults and so forth.

I ride two on my Kodiak quite often and all I have is a old ITP canvas bag with a cushion. It has the storage pockets on the sides and the back and works, not as good as some but better than others. You just need to decided what is best for you. Usually when I have a rider he is 230 lbs so some of the seat type won't work.

One thing you are going to have to deal with if you do ride two on your machine is the heat that comes off of the muffler and out of the air ports on the left hand side. It gets hot enough that the passengers left leg is going to be very uncomfortable if not just down right miserable. I purchased some heat reflective tape in a sheet and installed it on the underside of the fender to reflect the heat back downward. It isn't a complete fix but it works.

2016 Kodiak 700 base model with a few SE parts CV boot guards, receiver hitch, Grizzly bars. Trail Tech Striker speedometer/voltmeter. 501 Parts Electric Grabber locking diff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-25-2019, 12:47 PM

i use the Moose Racing Diplomat trunk..for only about $250 it has a lot of features that come on more expensive trunks--my favorite being padded arm rests sonce my kid used to complain about his arms and forearms banging on rough trails

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...torage-trunk-p
Primethious likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-26-2019, 08:45 PM

Just bought a Kimpex Nomad yesterday. I had many to choose from at my local store but that one seemed like the best in my opinion.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-28-2019, 11:30 PM
TRW

The MOOSE RACING DIPLOMAT STORAGE TRUNK looks good. Seriously take it kind of easy when hauling a passenger going up a steep hill. That is a lot of weight on the back.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-28-2019, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Seriously take it kind of easy when hauling a passenger going up a steep hill. That is a lot of weight on the back.
Thanks for the reminder, most two up riding would be very mild terrain, more of a way to bring the kids (or nieces/nephews) along while showing them our backyard (Arapahoe National Forest). Most of the rides accesable from our property are maintained forest service roads. Not likely we will get too much technical rides in with the machine since I stick to two wheels for that.

Main purpose for the Kodiak is to get work done on the property, and have something to draw the kids outside and off their phones!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page